KUALA LUMPUR - MALAYSIA

Finished my time in Sumatra the same way as I started with a lengthy delay, this time for 3 hours at the airport. I had the simple task of getting to the hostel and hoping it was full of like minded people to see in 2009.



There was a great crowd of people to see in the new year with. Alcohol costs so much in proper bars (as in more than London!!!) that we got our beer from the 7/11 and drank it at the front of the hostel until about 11:45pm




With about 15 minutes to go until midnight we ran down to the twin towers to see the firework display.



After that we hit the town until about 3am, not a bad place to see in the new year apart from the cost. We also went out a couple of nights later.


I didn't leave Kuala Lumpur until the 4th but did very little as I had seen the city on my previous trip in 2006. Most of the time was spent watching DVDs in the hostel and talking to other travelers.

South East Asia was over for now............next stop Australia!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment