LONDON

I might have been to the other side of the globe but the number of times I had been to my own countries capital city I could easily have counted on one hand.  My sister Louise on the other hand has been London at least 20 times so I knew there was no chance of us getting lost. Since I had a week off work I thought I might as well join them (Louise, her friend Nicky and Sarah) for a daytrip.


Louise led the way (all day) and got us through the hectic underground system. Being with the girls there was an obvious shopping theme developing to the trip early on. First stop was Harrods which was interesting to look around. I remember seeing a tin of Caviar which cost about a months wages!!!! I think a lot of people were just buying the cheapest thing they could find just so they could walk round London with a Harrods carrier bag.






The London eye was nearly an hours wait to get on and at 15 pounds typical of how costly London is. The views from the top were great.


After walking down past Downing street, Whitehall and ending up in Regent street the girls continued the shopping trip theme.

      
Louise at one point was giving an old couple directions which showed how many times she had been to London before.

Later on the afternoon we went for something to eat in China town. It was an all you can eat set up and the food was outstanding. Pity I couldn't remember the name of the place or where it was. I had the chance to show off my ability to use chopsticks that I learned in Asia.

      
Last of all we stopped off at a pub in Leicester square I was expecting to pay stupid amounts of for a pint. However it only turned out to be about 20 pence more than back home. Louise kindly knocked her drink all over me!!!!!!!!!

Then it was back to the train station and off home not a bad day out...................

No comments:

Post a Comment